Who We Are
3M is fundamentally a science-based company. We produce thousands of imaginative products, and we're a leader in scores of markets - from health care and highway safety to office products and abrasives and adhesives. Our success begins with our ability to apply our technologies - often in combination - to an endless array of real-world customer needs. Of course, all of this is made possible by the people of 3M and their singular commitment to make life easier and better for people around the world.
- Act with uncompromising honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- Satisfy our customers with innovative technology and superior quality, value and service.
- Provide our investors an attractive return through sustainable, global growth.
- Respect our social and physical environment around the world.
- Value and develop our employees' diverse talents, initiative and leadership.
- Earn the admiration of all those associated with 3M worldwide.
3M at a Glance (Year-end 2010)
- Global sales: $27 billion.
- International (non-US) sales: $17.5 billion (65 per cent of company's total).
- Operations in more than 65 countries.
- 3M products sold in nearly 200 countries.
- 80,000 employees globally.
3M Facts 2010 (pdf 32k)
3M in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Wholly-owned subsidiary of the 3M Company, established in 1953.
- Nearly 200 employees in the region.
- 3M South Africa is the largest 3M subsidiary in Africa.
- Sales offices located in Botswana, Kenya, Namibia and South Africa
- Sales representation in Angola, Ghana, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria and Tanzania.
- Electrical, Telecommunications, Abrasives and Pharmaceuticals products manufactured locally.
- 7,800 products sold in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Head office in Sandton, South Africa.