TECHNICALLY BRILLIANT. ENDLESSLY INNOVATIVE. THAT'S YOU. THAT'S US.
At 3M we put integrity, collaboration and innovation above all else. With the help of a broad network of about 80,000 employees around the world, you will find how these values can bring you success. Furthermore, because of 3M’s broad diversity, 3Mers can explore multiple fields and develop new skills without ever leaving the company.
If you are interested in becoming one of our technically brilliant, endlessly innovative employees, find out more on our 3M Careers Web site: click here to search and apply for available positions.
Ethics and Integrity
What we stand for is just as important as what we sell.
- Business practices of uncompromising honesty and integrity
- Management principles that encourage the delegation of responsibility to employees who exercise initiative and creativity
- Diverse workforce representing all ethnic and cultural groups
- Zero tolerance policy on any form of discrimination
- Industrial relations ethos that advances the interest of all employees
No matter what your role in the organization is, 3M encourages all employees to demonstrate leadership attributes.
- Leadership development is supported by a global leadership academy and regional centres of expertise
- 3M's commitment to leadership development was recently recognized in Fortune magazine's list of Top Company's for Leaders
- Study assistance programme supports further job-related competency development
- A philosophy of Leaders Teaching Leaders
- People development strategy aimed at providing continuous improvement of leadership skills at all levels
Community giving is an important part of our community involvement.
- Support various non-profit and charity organisations in South Africa
- Recognize employees who are involved in voluntary community work
- Provide experiential learning opportunities for young graduates to support skills shortage initiatives of the government
- Involvement in job shadowing programmes for school leavers
- Employee assistance programme which extends to the families of employees
At 3M you can explore career opportunities and develop new skills without leaving the company.
- Opportunities in a multi-national organisation with 60 subsidiaries, selling into 200 countries
- Jobs that focus on multiple products into multiple markets in sub-Saharan Africa
- Philosophy of promotions within and career ladders for vertical expansion
- Lateral opportunities to apply expertise across six business units within the organisation
- Exposure to industry-leading business methodologies and best practices across a global organisation
3M has a long history of making continuous improvements to minimize the environmental impact of our manufacturing processes and our products.
- One of our key values is to respect our physical and social environment
- 3M was selected for inclusion in the 2008-2009 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- 3M has been awarded the Energy Star Award for six consecutive years
- Focus on health and safety in our workplaces and across the product range
- 3M South Africa is ISO 14001 and 9002 certified
- Ongoing eco-friendly initiatives in the workplace