Particulate Respirators by 3M combine ergonomic design for superior comfort with proprietary technologies that help deliver easier breathing and comfortable protection against particle hazards.
The 3M™ High Performance Filter Media combines the benefits of mechanical filtration with advanced technology filtration to capture particles and the 3M™ Cool Flow™ Valve reduces heat build up.
3M™ Cool Flow™ Valve
The selection of respiratory equipment follows a basic four-step method:
- Identify the Hazards – dust, metal fume, gas, vapour etc.
- Assess the Risk – assess the hazard levels against safety standards and consider other protection – eg skin, eye and body
- Select the right Respirator – disposable, reusable, half mask, full face, powered, supplied-air
- Train in Fitting and Use – to optimise respiratory protection
Disposable respirators are most effective when there is a good seal between the edges of the respirator and your face. The instant this seal is broken, protection is compromised as contaminated air can leak in through any gaps.
Here's what to look for:
- Upper strap should be positioned on the crown of the head. Strap should not be twisted
- Noseclip should be moulded around nose and cheeks to give a good seal
- Respirator should be correctly positioned on your face and head
- For flat fold respirators make sure the panels are fully unfolded
- Lower strap should be positioned below the ears. Strap should not be twisted
The popular 9300 series disposable respirator from 3M just got better with new features. Little details make a big difference!
This disposable respirator is made to stand out in every way for industries where it needs to.
Designed for the cost-conscious user, VFlex respirators deliver flexibility and fit through a range of innovative features, without high cost.
View the video
This comfort enhancing feature is available on a wide variety of 3M™ Disposable Respirators.
View the video